Apparently a lot. As briefly mentioned in a previous post, I had been knitting some squares for the MacMillan Cancer Blanket with some other 8th Day Knitters. Well, we finished our squares and sewed them together into a blanket this afternoon. If only it were that simple.
We managed to knit them in the incorrect pattern twice. The first time two panels were sewn together backwards so the purl sides were the ‘right sides.’ I’m not entirely sure what happened the second time, but seam ripping was involved. The group of us are intelligent women, most, if not all, have more than one Degree, which only goes to show that the over educated sometimes lack certain elements of common sense, although I prefer to think it’s because we over analyse and make things more complicated than they need to be. Because we’re so smart.
After realising we made it more complicated than need be, we pinned the panels together as they should have gone, and it was smooth sailing from there.
The final result turned out really well and we’re hoping we don’t end up seeing it in a charity shop sometime in the near future. I embroidered a little tag with our group name on it so we’ll know it’s ours, buy it and mail it back to MacMillan.